What I’m eating and not eating much of these days…
The Green List… Eat more:
- Omega 3’s! Good fats found in Salmon, Tuna, hemp seeds, flaxseed and more!!
- Olive oil, flaxseed oil
- Kale, spinach, avocado
- Fruits high in antioxidants
- As many Raw Foods as possible!
- Healthy herbs and spices.
- Take your supplements!
The Black List:
- Limit Red Meat. Basically, I’m mostly eating lean, organic turkey or chicken, fish and shellfish. But I do occasionally enjoy a good steak!
- Dairy Products. This is a tough one, but it’s so worth it in the end!
- Gluten. I have gone back and forth with eliminating gluten from my diet. And I’ve found that a life without gluten generally means more energy!
- Saturated Fats… as little as possible, which is much easier without the dairy and red meat.
- High Fructose Corn syrup! Gross!
- Trans Fats, also know as Hydrogenated or partially hydrogenated oils found in many processed foods! Please do your homework on these.
Ohsheglows.com is a very helpful Vegan cooking website where I’ve found some wonderful recipes!
Click on Dr. Weil’s Anti-Inflammatory Pyramid for more information: