Are you a fan of apples, bananas, and cinnamon? Well, all of the flavors in these bars work so well together! These ingredients were already on the shelf in my pantry, so I did a little experimenting and was very happy with the results. Then I had some friends taste them and they were also pleased with the crunchy sweetness followed by a little citrus bite from the dried apple. And they are so easy to make!
While on Whole30, I am always experimenting in the kitchen but fruit and nut bars become a staple in my diet. I always need healthy snacks that I can take to work. These are packed with all kinds of deliciousness that keep me from being hangry between means. No one wants a hangry teacher!
This recipe was an experiment with the remaining ingredients in my pantry. I love when experiments turn out to be so delicious!
- 1 cup dates not packed down (8 dates), soaked in hot water for 10 minutes ahead of time
- 1 cup of half dried apples, half dried bananas
- 1/2 cup pecans
- 1/2 cup cashews
- 1/4 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1/4 cup almond butter -mixed well beforehand
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- After soaking the dates, place them in a large food processor and mix until gooey.
- Add dried fruit and mix until well chopped.
- Add nuts, blend until well combined.
- Add almond butter, shredded coconut, and cinnamon. Blend until well combined.
- Dump all ingredients into an 8×8 Pyrex lined with parchment paper.
- With clean hands, press down firmly until all ingredients are flattened evenly.
- Refrigerate overnight before eating or freeze for at least an hour.
- Pop the parchment paper out of the pan and cut into the size you prefer! Enjoy!