Ever try an RXBAR before? I like them because they are packed with protein and “No B.S.” as their label states. They also travel well! But they are super tough and often get stuck in my teeth. These homemade bars are much lighter and still packed with healthy, delicious protein.
This recipe was inspired by the RXBAR Vanilla Almond Butter that I found at Walmart on sale. Very exciting because I tried to make Blueberry RXBARs before and I was not happy with them at all. The recipe I found called for an egg white powder and they tasted funny to me so I tossed them. This little jar of goodness comes with the egg whites already included!
It also contains coconut oil, which is used in many bars like my Boujee Budget Berry Bars! I highly recommend those as well. The other ingredients are sea salt, vanilla beans, and natural vanilla flavor. Now, you cannot have vanilla on Whole30 unfortunately, but it should be Paleo and Keto compliant as long as all of the ingredients are natural. To make this recipe Whole30, you could substitute the RX Nut Butter for a 1/4 cup of Whole30 compliant Almond Butter and an 1/8 cup of coconut oil. That should blend up well!
My favorite part about these bars is that I only need the Ninja food processor and everything blends up easily. The less cleanup the better!
RX Vanilla BB Bars
This recipe is so easy! I love how you only need a decent food processor. You can swap out the dried fruits if you want to try other flavors. Each bar is approximately 145 calories.
- 7 dates, soaked in hot water for 10 minutes ahead of time
- 1/2 cup pecans
- 1/2 cup almonds
- 1/2 cup cashews (I used lightly salted)
- 1/2 cup unsweetened dried blueberries
- 1/2 cup unsweetened dried bananas
- 3/8 cup (6 tablespoons) RX Butter *I found it easier to use the 1/4 measuring cup first and then use another half of that. You may need to SLOWLY warm the nut butter up in the microwave before you’ll be able to mix it. I did 10 seconds at a time to be safe.
- After soaking the dates, place them in a large food processor and mix until gooey.
- Add all nuts and then mix until crumbly. Don’t over mix. See pictures above.
- Add dried fruit and mix in until well chopped.
- Add RX Butter and mix until as smooth as possible.
- Line an 8×8 pan with parchment paper. Dump all ingredients into pan and then press until evenly spread out and flattened.
- Refrigerate overnight or at least freeze for an hour before removing the parchment paper and placing it onto a cutting board. Cut into 16 squares. Keep refrigerated!